How Skogforsk processes personal data
Skogforsk is responsible for all processing of personal data in its activities, and processes personal data in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
What does Skogforsk do with personal data?
We process personal data in order to conduct our activities involving research and development, operative tree breeding, and communication of research results. We also process personal data to develop our operation and to comply with legal regulations.
All processing of personal data at Skogforsk is done to, in some way, promote these activities. Processing must also have a legal basis. Only the personal data that is needed for the purpose will be processed.
What personal data is collected and processed?
Personal data is processed for various purposes. We process data on employees, partner companies, research partners, customers and suppliers. We also process personal data of people who apply for positions at Skogforsk or who contact us in some other way.
Most of this data is collected directly from the person in question. In certain cases, we also collect data from other sources, such as the Swedish Tax Agency. We explain why this is done in each case.
The information that is processed depends on the purpose. It can be, for example:
Contact information, such as name, address, telephone number and email address. A personal ID number is processed when it is needed to check your identity or to coordinate your data between systems, to ensure consistency in the information about you.
- Bank and other financial information for making payments or invoicing.
- Personal data collected in conjunction with participation in a research study.
- Information about how you use our websites, in order to improve their user-friendliness, for example via cookies.
- Information with regard to participation in conferences or courses.
- Personal data needed with regard to employment or if you apply for a position.
How is your personal data protected?
Skogforsk is responsible for ensuring that processing of personal data is protected by suitable technical and organisational measures. The measures are of such a type that they ensure a safety level that is appropriate in relation to the risks involved in the processing. Safety aspects involve confidentiality, accuracy and availability, and an appropriate technical protection.
Who can access your personal data?
Skogforsk does not share your personal data for use by third parties, unless this has been agreed in conjunction with the collection of data.
How long do we save personal data?
We save your personal data only for the length of time that the purpose and processing require, or as long as is legally required. For example:
- If you are an employee, we process your personal data no longer than is necessary to administer the employment circumstances.
- If you hold a position that involves participation in boards, advisory groups, reference groups, collaboration groups, project groups, or similar, your personal data is processed no longer than is necessary to administer this participation.
- If you are a participant in a study, we process your personal data no longer than is necessary to ensure the quality of the research.
- If you have purchased a product or subscription, we process your personal data for a maximum of two years after the purchase or terminated subscription.
Data to other countries
Skogforsk may transfer your personal data to other countries outside the EU/EEA, mainly with regard to international research projects. In such cases, we will implement all reasonable legal, organisational and technical measures that are required to achieve an adequate protection level for your personal data. You will also be informed of this.
How do I find out more?
Contact our Customer Administrator for more details.