- A working model network of tree improvement for competitive, multifunctional and sustainable European forestry
Treebreedex is a EU-funded network for organisations working with treebreeding. The aim of this project is to create a European Virtual Tree Breeding Centre:
- to foster co-operation and complementarity among teams,
- to enhance the excellence level of R&D activities across Europe,
- to progressively integrate tree improvement research into co-operative programmes activities,
- to open infrastructures to a larger scientific community in forestry.
Networking activities will include website and discussion forums, databases, exchange of expertise and methodology, common protocols, etc.
It is a four-year project and the project includes 28 organizations from 18 countries.
More information on Treebreedex's website
The contact at Skogforsk is Gunnar Jansson.